Alabama Council on Human Relations, Inc.

                -Committed to equal opportunity, and providing services and advocacy to Alabama children and families in need since 1954


Information and News
Child Services
Adult Services
Contacting Us

Welcome to the Alabama Council on Human Relations, Inc. web site. 

Headquartered in Auburn, Alabama, the Alabama Council on Human Relations, Inc., (ACHR) administers programs such as Head Start and Early Head Start which address educational, nutritional, health and social services needs of children and families.  Information about ACHR and its programs can be found on our pages.

Please click on the link What's New for the latest news including links to pages such as Job Openings and the calendar.


ENERGY ASSISTANCE - The cooling assistance season will close September 30.   After we receive funds for heating, the appointment scheduler will be open the last week of each month during the winter so that people can make appointments for the next month.

Residents of Lee County can make (or change) an appointment by either

        clicking and then following the instructions OR

        calling (334) 246-5266 and following the instructions. 


Alabama is one of 34 states that require photo identification to vote.  You can use a valid Alabama Driverís License, non-driver ID (obtainable where driver's licenses are offered), employee IDs from federal, state, county, municipal or other governmental entity of the state, military ID, a student ID issued by an Alabama institute of higher learning or a tribal ID.  If you or someone you know does not have one, you can get one free from the Board of Registrars at the Courthouse.

To get a free photo voter ID, residents must present a document that contains their full name & date of birth (birth or marriage certificate), a document showing the voterís date of birth that can be verified by information on file with the state, document showing the person is a registered voter, or a document showing the voterís name and address as reflected in the voter registration record. Staff can access your birth or marriage certificate on-line to use to obtain a voter ID at no cost to you.

You must be registered to vote to obtain a free AL photo ID card or free non driver ID.  If you are in the Board of Registrars office, you may register to vote and apply for a free ID at the same time.

 Source:  Alabama Photo ID Guide

Contact Information

Telephone (all locations)       334-821-8336

Fax                                     334-826-6397

Address                              319 W Glenn Ave./P.O. Box 409, Auburn, Alabama, 36831

Center Locations

        Darden Center    604 S. 4th St., Opelika, AL

        Boykin Center     400 Boykin Ave., Auburn, AL

        Edelman Center    Red Fox Dr., Hurtsboro, AL 


        General Information     

        Information Related to Web


Send questions or comments about this web site to Last modified: 09/23/14